The following requirements must be received by Admissions a minimum of one week before classes start, and are online, mailed or emailed as indicated. For mail: Northwest Nazarene University, Attention Graduate Admissions, 623 University Boulevard, Nampa, ID, 83686 For email: email@example.com
- Online: application and $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Mail: official sealed transcript from the regionally accredited institution(s) where candidate received a master’s degree. (We do not accept faxed transcripts.)
- Email or mail: a copy of candidate’s teaching certificate.
- Have two online recommendation forms completed by professional colleagues.
- Email or mail: evidence of writing competency through an essay based on the essay guidelines or a research paper completed during master’s courses.
- Online: an Educational Leadership Evaluation Form from the candidate’s current superintendent (or designee). The recommendation forms and the evaluation form must be from different individuals.
After receiving the application requirements, the Graduate Education Admissions Committee will consider each candidate for admission to the Ed.S. program. Each candidate must have the following:
- A master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university. For Ed.S. Director of Special Education, the master's degree must be in Exceptional Child or an equivalent field as determined by the program director.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 in the master's program.
- Certification/Licensure as a classroom teacher, school counselor, school psychologist, or building administrator (for superintendent) based on a recommendation from a state-approved higher education preparation program.
- Approval by the Graduate Education Admissions Committee.
- After Committee approval: Admitted student must register and pay the one-time fee for the approved accreditation and assessment software.