The following requirements must be received by Admissions a minimum of one week before classes start, and are online, mailed or emailed as indicated. For mail: Northwest Nazarene University, Attention Graduate Admissions, 623 University Boulevard, Nampa, ID, 83686 For email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online: application and $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Mail: Official transcripts may be submitted by your institution(s)' electronic transmittal service. If your institution does not have this service, official, sealed transcripts may be mailed. Transcripts must be from the regionally accredited institution(s) where candidate received a bachelors degree.
- Email or mail: a copy of candidate’s teaching certificate.
- Have an online recommendation form completed by a professional colleague.
- Email or mail: evidence of writing competency through an essay based on the essay guidelines.
- Online: an Educational Leadership Evaluation Form from the candidate’s current building administrator. The letter of recommendation and the evaluation form must be from different individuals.
After receiving the application requirements, the Graduate Education Admissions Committee will consider each candidate for admission to the M.Ed. program. Each candidate must have the following:
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally-accredited college or university.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 in the baccalaureate program.
- Certification/Licensure as a classroom teacher, school counselor, or school psychologist, based on a recommendation from a state-approved higher education preparation program.
- Approval by the Graduate Education Admissions Committee.
- After Committee approval: Admitted student must register and pay the one-time fee for the approved accreditation and assessment software.